Friends often ask us what they can bring along in their luggage that can be of value to GVCM. While we do not expect you to bring things for us, we appreciate it if you are able. If you choose to bring things, please do not distribute it to children or individuals directly. Our staff knows who has the greatest needs and will often hold on to gifts for distribution at the best time. The majority of the items on our list of needs we prefer to buy locally to support the Haitian businesses in our communities. However, this is not always possible, and the extra things that you bring can help us stretch our funds a little farther and serve more Haitians. Here are things we can always put to good use in our churches, schools, clinic, or orphanage:
- Over the counter medicine (cough, cold, fever, Tylenol, Asprin, Motrin, etc.)
- First Aid supplies (Bandaids, bandages, burn creme, antiseptic, etc.)
- Hygiene supplies (shampoo, soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, pads)
- Durable plasticware for children (plates, bowls, cups, utensils)
- Printer ink/toner (only HP61, HP61 XL, TN630, or TN660)
- School supplies (backpacks, pens, pencils, crayons, notebooks)
- Clothing and shoes for children 3 and up – nothing you wouldn’t wear in 95 degree weather.
- Sports equipment (soccer balls, basketballs, jump ropes, etc.)
If you would like to bring things that aren’t on this list – please ask our Missions Coordinator ([email protected]) before you bring them.
“When you come, bring the cloak that I left with Carpus at Troas, also the books, and above all the parchments.” 2 Timothy 4:13